Friday, May 28, 2010

Two Years

Two years ago today, I first laid eyes on my daughter's face.  She was perfect, and tiny, and looked so lost and sad.  I longed to hold her, to hear her laugh, and to feel her in my arms.  Tonight, we spent the evening watering flowers in the yard.  She laughed, she ran, she danced, she said "mama I luv you", and my heart was full to over-flowing.  I still can't believe that this amazing child, with the dimpled smile, perfect curls, and beautiful voice is my daughter.  What a humble blessing to be the one to hear her laugh, share in her smiles, and return her sticky kisses.  It is so very bittersweet.  I love this child heart and soul, and I know there is a family on the other side of the world who would give anything to know the wonderful little girl she has become.  So on this referral-versary, I pray that God gives them peace in their hearts.  Peace in knowing she is thriving, and happy, and so incredibly loved. 

2 comments:

  1. How was that 2 years ago?!?!?!?!? Happy referral-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Referral Day! If I remember correctly...I got all teary on this day two years ago! I cannot believe it!

    ReplyDelete