Sunday, November 15, 2009

A weekend

It was a great weekend.  Friday, E took the boys and they went to a water park for an overnight.  I got to stay home with girlie girl and puppy.  Although it wasn't relaxing, it was quiet.  I did decided that I like my Saturday mornings full of people.  I couldn't justify making a big breakfast for M and I...and I love a big Sat. breakfast, I have since I was little.  Cleaning is also alot more fun with the whole family involved, and it gets done so much faster.  So the lesson from Saturday was, I love having four kids and I miss them when they are gone.

Today was an almost perfect Sunday.  Our youth choir sang at church and did a great job.  Some of our "old" choir kids were back from college with great hugs and fun stories.  I truly love my church, it is a wonderful second home.  After church we came home to watch a fun vikings game and I even got a little family finances done while watching.  After that, it was puppy and mommy on a walk in the woods.  It was beautiful and peaceful and a great time to reflect a bit.  Tonight I made homemade pizza with a new amazing crust recipe and we had the neighbors over.  And now, as I sit and type, I am being seranaded by a tenor sax, snuggled by a sleepy girl, and looking forward to watching a little Brothers and Sisters in a bit.  Life today was good.  Very good.

I was accused by my neighbor of being a little too Martha Stewart.  I have been dabbling in a little crafting here and there.  I am thinking about venturing into Etsy.  I figure it might be the creative outlet I need to keep the brain going while I patiently wait for a better job to come along.  I must say though, this weekend I may have over done it.  I sewed doll clothes for M's American Girl baby, did a little prep for a Thanksgiving table masterpiece, as well as made pizza crust from scratch...so yep, maybe a little too Martha, but I gotta keep this brain going.

Gotta go do the bed routine...heres to a week that resembles the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment