Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sometimes Parenting Sucks

Just when I thought we might be entering a time of health, peace and tranquility (yeah, shut up, I know with 4 kids this is unlikely)  we seem to have hit a colossal snag.  My sweet Z-man, my prone to high emotions, high drama, and a dose of hypochondria child is really having a hard time.  I am having a really hard time separating truth from fiction, real pain from conjured pain, and emotion from manipulation.  It is a yucky place to be and it brings out the very worst parent in me.  We were hoping to get in to our MD tomorrow to get some insight, but the clinic called and he is out for the next 7 days with H1N1..oh joy.   I am at an impass and I can't figure out what to do.  I hate it when my instinct is too quiet and my resources minimal.  Say a little prayer for him...I know it isn't easy on him either.

On other notes, I am not loving 3 yr olds.  I love teaching the 4/5 year olds, but the three year olds might do me in.  Lucky they only meet twice a week.  I am not sure preschool teaching is for me.  It is a job,one I can do, but oh I think a year will be the max. 

Part of my problem is I have my heart set on a job that isn't vacant at the moment.  But I am feeling such a strong call to go in this direction.  I can't discuss it all yet as the chips are in mid-fall...but a little prayer in that area would be good too!

Not all parenting sucks...the 11 yr old and 6 year old are hilarious right now and thriving...and princess sunshine is baby and girl and toddler and mischief maker all rolled into one.  I love it. 

SO I solider on...unsure of the path or the destination, but taking it one little day at a time.

1 comment: