Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day, Snow Day!!

What a glorious thing to lay in bed at 5 am, tuned into the local am radio station and have them say, "oh, wait, we have the superintendent on the line, all schools are closed today, due to the blizzard".  Then give your hubby a quick kiss, while burrowing back under the warm covers knowing you can sneak in at least another 1 or 2 hours of sleep!

We are having a good ole MN blizzard.  Snow (about 8 inches right now)  blowing, icicles, it is awesome!  The Christmas music is playing, the kids are still in pjs, Meron is playing with the manger set and talking to baby Jesus...it doesn't get much better.  I think our day will include some cookie baking, a holiday movie or two, a yatzee tourney, the stuff memories are made of.  LOVE IT!

I am taking the plunge and applying for a new job.  I am applying to be the director of Christian Education and Youth Ministry at church.  I had the job for 4 years before J-dog was born.  I loved it, was good at it, and it filled me up.  I really think God is calling me in this direction.  I am soo hopeful, but I also know of some other very qualified people applying.  I am nervous, excited, and trying not to hope too much.  I have had enough let down in the last year to last for a while.  Hopefully my gut instinct is on.  Say a few prayers if you would!!

Gotta go read some Christmas stories to my girlie, girl!

5 comments:

  1. Love love love it!!! I wish Jax and I could pop over for some hot cocoa!

    I am so happy to hear that the process for the new position is underway. I know you would be perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Reminds of days in Denver when you and Cory were little. Popcorn and hot chocolate by the fireplace and countless games of Candyland and Rummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you as you go for this new job. I know this is what you have your heart set on.
    keep me informed!!
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you and this possibility-- I will be sending good wishes your direction throughout the process!
    --brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow days. I said a little prayer for the new position you might be filling. Good luck and God's Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete