Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!

Well hello 2010!  I am so very glad to see you!  You see 2009 was not my friend.  In fact, 2009 was one of those years I hope to soon forget!  So 2010, I just want to set a few ground rules for ya as you come to play in our sandbox...

1. Unexpected surprises are allowed and encouraged, IF they are GOOD surprises.
2. Between you and me, we need to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up, and the sooner the better.
3. I learned enough about patience last year and the year before.  It has been determined it is a lesson I won't learn, so don't even try.
4. In year's past, my children have gone through 6 month cycles (good behavior/bad behavior) 2010 is a 12 month cycle of great behavior! (just so you know)
5.  Financial issues go hand in hand with the surprise rule.  Allowed and encouraged only if they are windfalls.
6.The goal this year is to be happy.  Please work toward this goal at all times.
7. It looks as though tween-dome, potty training, and puppy training are all on the docket this year.  Again, good surprises welcomed and encouraged.
8. If you would like to be a year to be remembered, play nice, follow the rules, don't flex your muscles.
9. An early spring, a warm summer, and long fall, and a snowy Christmas would be appreciated.
10. We can be good friends, if you follow these rules, share the toys in the sandbox, and bring on some of those good surprises!

Sincerely,
me

2 comments: