Monday, June 7, 2010

"NO! I non't wan tooooo"

Hard to believe such a sweet little face could scream this at the top of her lungs.  But drive by on any given day at any given time, and there is a strong chance that this is what you will hear!  We hear it loud and soft, whiney and defiant, with tears and without, in full tantrum mode and with a laugh behind it.  Ahh yes, we have entered that lovely stage between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2.  This is the ONLY stage so far in raising all of the kids that I honestly wonder whose child they are and why I ever thought I was a good mother.   They are caught between big and little, wanting to do so much, but not wanting to grow too fast.  It could be a long summer.  At least all the brothers are home to take turns with her.  I made the silly mistake of taking them all to the mall with me today.  What ever was I thinking.  I love to shop with my kids, one at a time or maybe even two at a time, but all four? That is a ticket straight to the psyche ward! We must have made quite a sight for other mall goers.  A stroller being pushed rather haphazardly by a distracted 7 year old, a slightly whiney 10 year old, a 12 year old who kept trying to catch his reflection in the store windows and a little sprite of a 2 3/4 yr old weaving in and out, singing the "no, no, no song"  Ahh what an adventure.  Target will never be the same.  

I start my new job in the morning.  I can't wait.  I am a little nervous, but mostly just really excited.  I haven't worked full time in 12 years.  I haven't gotten this nice of a paycheck either!  It will be wonderful.  The kids and I were talking about the changes and I told them that it wouldn't change that much for them....just that they would have a happier mom.  That will make all the difference.  To finally have the chance to do something I love, that makes a difference to others is a great feeling.

Must head to bed...gotta get up and go to work after all.  I will hope to post pics of my office makeover, and settling in over the next few days!


1 comment:

  1. We are right there with you chica! Maybe Jax and Meron can have a tantrum competition?! Best of luck to you tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete