Friday, October 30, 2009

The Road to Recovery??

This afternoon I had all my school aged children at school.  It was a miracle.  My Z-man is finally feeling better, I think.  I bit the bullet and took him to the MD on Wed.  The therory the MD gave was that these kiddo's who have been hit by a couple viruses in a row are getting this GI virus that "settles" in for a while and makes for a sore, acidic tummy.  He is on Zantac for a few weeks and hopefully that will help.  It has been a real parenting challenge.  Z is my high EQ kiddo who trends toward the dramatic.  He has a history of tummy attacks that have in the past been anxiety related, andso it has made diagnosing this bout that much harder.  I hate it when I have to question what my kids are telling me, but I also don't want the wool permanently pulled over my eyes.  Hopefully we are now on the road to recovery and we can get back to some sense of normal.  Thirty five days of sickness is too many!  The tips of my fingers are dried out and peeling from all the bleach I have cleaned with, my laundry has become a huge stack of "sick" laundry, and my paycheck is looking a little skinny this month given all the days mama stayed home.  Oh well, I guess when you choose to have a large family,  you take the joys and challenges!

On the puppy front, I am completely in love.  She is all puppy and is chewing everything, piddling on plenty, and can melt your heart with one look from her sweet little face.  I am such a sucker!  E has been gone the last two days and I decided that 4 kids and a new puppy are not complimentary to the single parent!  At least it wasn't dull!

We are looking forward to a weekend of fun...sectionals for the HS football team, trick or treating...fun fun fun!  Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment